It's here at last!
- Check in and receive your materials for the AGM on the 7th floor beginning at 8:00am on Thursday. Please reserve 8:00 to 8:30 for participants in morning workshops and tours.
- Vaccinations are required, with no exceptions or alternatives, and will be verified at check-in. An image of your complete vaccine certificate on paper or stored on your phone is acceptable, if you do not want to bring your original certificate.
- At check-in, you'll receive a program booklet with a full schedule, maps, and details; your totebag and badge; and your tickets. Be sure to check your tickets and let staff know if there's a problem.
- After you check in, please select your banquet table at the station in the 7th floor foyer. You'll need to have a table assignment by Friday night for Saturday's banquet.
Sleeping Rooms at the Marriott
- If you arrive before your sleeping room is ready, you can check your bags at the bellstand so you are free to go out and explore.
- Rooms at the Marriott are equipped with mini-fridges. Windows can be opened slightly for fresh air.
Food and Drink
- Meals included in the registration fee for Attendees and Companions are the Saturday banquet and the Sunday brunch.
During sessions, no food is permitted in meeting rooms. Drinking is permitted as necessary, but please keep your mask on between sips.
- In-house food options at the Marriott include:
- Breakfast at Harvest sit-down restaurant (open mornings only) or grab-and-go from the Rush Street Pantry (6:30am to 10:00pm)
- Lunch from the Rush Street Pantry
- Snacks and drinks at the Reviver bar (3:00pm to 10pm Thurs, 3:00pm to midnight Fri, noon to midnight Sat).
- Nearby dining options for lunch and dinner are plentiful. A few are listed here; a restaurant list with more will be included in your packet.
IMPORTANT: Planning Your Breakouts
- Your AGM packet will contain your personal "agenda," including the breakout sessions you originally signed up for (back in July, for most people). The changes since then mean that the speaker assignments in these agendas are not current— please look at the final breakout schedule online or in your program to plan your breakouts.
Art Institute Update
You can pre-purchase admission tickets by clicking here: https://www.artic.edu/visit. The museum prefers that visitors purchase tickets in advance, but there are cashiers available for people who have not. Coat checks are currently closed; purses are fine, but large bags, backpacks, and long umbrellas are not allowed in the galleries. Between 4:00 and 6:00 pm on Thursday, a JASNA volunteer will be at the Michigan Avenue entrance to welcome you. Art historian and JASNA member Jeffrey Nigro will be on hand to answer questions, and curators will be stationed in the following galleries (both on the 2nd floor, in the Historic Building, i.e., on the Michigan Avenue side):
- Emerson Bowyer, European Painting and Sculpture: Galleries 218-220
- Ellenor Alcorn, Applied Arts of Europe: Galleries 231-233
- Hootboard Update: We had to start fresh with Hootboard, the private bulletin board where you can communicate if you're looking to share a ride to/from the airport or a hotel room. To join the board, email Erika Kotite at email@example.com to request an invitation. Erika is available to answer any questions you might have.
- If you're driving your own vehicle, Spothero can help you find and book a parking space at a cost far below the Marriott's parking rate. (The link has the hotel address pre-loaded; be sure to put in your own dates and times.)
- We recommend packing temperature-flexible clothing—rooms with extra ventilation may be cool, but wearing a mask can make you feel warmer.
Extra tickets for activities will be sold at the registration desk. If a last-minute emergency prevents you from attending the AGM, a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org would be appreciated.
We're wishing you smooth travels and happy days ahead at the AGM! If you have questions or need help, please contact us at the addresses below.
For AGM program questions: Kristen Miller Zohn and Jennifer Swenson email@example.com
For registration and payment changes/questions: Debbie Duncan firstname.lastname@example.org
For hotel issues, COVID, and AGM policy questions: Linda Slothouber email@example.com